The most common Fly species in Singapore are :
- House Fly (Musca domestica)
- Flesh Fly (Sarcophaga spp.)
- Blow or Bottle Fly (Calliphora spp., Pharnicia sericata)
- Sewer Fly (Psychoda spp.)
- Fruit Fly (Drosophila spp.)
- Phorid Fly (Megaselia spp.)
- Sphaerocerid or Small Dung Fly (Leptocera spp.)
You can distinguish the different fly species by observing their colour, eyes, size, and even where they tend to congregate. Flies can transmit diseases like cholera, typhoid, diarrhoea, dysentery and salmonellosis.
How do you know you have an infestation?
You will find:
- Adult flies
- Maggots breeding found around food, sludge and animal carcasses
- Small dark spots, which indicate fly droppings
What can you do to prevent an infestation?
The key is to locate and eliminate breeding sites. Seal windows and other entry points. Practise good housekeeping such as scrubbing floor traps, and regularly removing food waste. Aardwolf Fly-Catchers can also be installed to trap and monitor fly activity.
How can we help you?
Our Aardwolf Pestkare Technicians will inspect your property to locate any breeding sites and identify the dominant fly species. We will then conduct species-specific treatment and give housekeeping advice so you can prevent this problem from recurring.